When you join us at Midwestern Career College as a student in the program, you’ll complete an externship—an opportunity for unique training in a real-life patient-care setting, where you’ll get hands-on experience in your field of study.
Why should you be excited about an externship? Here’s our top 10 list:
10. You’ll put into practice what we’ve been teaching you in the classroom.
9. You’ll gain real-world experience from top hospitals and clinics in Chicagoland.
8. You’ll build your resume and be more attractive to employers.
7. You’ll gain confidence.
6. You’ll meet new people.
5. You’ll establish long-lasting connections and grow your professional network.
4. You can explore your curiosities and interests in your field of study.
3. You’ll have exciting experiences as you learn on the job.
2. You don’t have to find your externship site. We will find it for you!
1. You’ll be better prepared for national certification exams!
Thanks to our network of relationships and partnerships with many of the top hospitals, clinics and medical centers, you won’t have to find your own externship site. We’ll find it for you!
Here are some of the great hospitals, clinics and medical centers that we partner with for our externship programs:
- Advocate Medical Group
- Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Provident Hospital of Cook County
- Rush University Medical Center
- University of Chicago Medical Center
- University of Illinois Hospital and Health Sciences System
- Weiss Memorial Hospital
- Midwest Imaging and Diagnostic Center
- Imaging Centers of America
- Progressive Radiology
Are you ready to start a rewarding career in healthcare? At Midwestern Career College, we prepare you to make a positive impact on people’s lives.
Upcoming Start Dates
- Basic Nursing Assistant Program (CNA): May 9
- Dialysis Technologist Training: May 23
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography: June 13
- Medical Assisting (DMA): June 13
- Advanced Pharmacy Technician: August 1
- Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist: August
- Health Information Technology: June
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Technology: May 16
- Medical Assisting (DMA): May 23
- Dialysis Technologist Training: July 15